How to hard reset a GoPro Hero 3 or 3+
If you’re experiencing problems with your GoPro Hero 3 or 3+ and the usual fixes haven’t worked you may have to try a hard reset.
These instructions will tell you how to hard reset a GoPro Hero 3 or 3+
1. Remove your MicroSD memory card
2. Remove your battery
3. Hold down the Shutter Button
4. While holding down the Shutter Button, replace the battery and power on your GoPro Camera
5. If your GoPro Cameras powers on you will see “NO SD CARD” displayed
6. Turn off the GoPro Camera
7. Insert your MicroSD memory card
8. Power on as normal
9. Erase All/Format the memory card
10. Take photo
And hopefully this will fix any issues you are having getting your GoPro Camera to power on.
If not, keeping searching the internet for alternative methods to power on, it may be something different causing your issues.